When I think of Christmas at home, I think about baked apples with cinnamon and I think of a lot of meat, pork mainly. This appetizer combines both worlds and it does it in a cute little puff pastry cup.
Apple and Bacon cups
- 2 apples (big)
- chili powder
- lemon zest
- phyllo shells
- Peel the apples and cut them in small cubes
- Cut the bacon into similar small cubes. You want them both to be the same size, more or less.
- In a preheated pan add olive oil, butter and then add the apples and cook for 10 mins at medium heat, until they are golden brown.
- Add the bacon in the same pan and stir. Let this cook for another 6 mins, while stirring every 2 mins.
- At the end, sprinkle salt, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder. Mix for another 20 sec. Then take it off the stove and let it cool to room temperature.
- Take a phyllo shell and, using a teaspoon, add the apple and bacon mix inside.
- Grate a little lemon zest on top.