Today I’m making an Asparagus Soup with lemon, because I like vegetable soups and I really like asparagus. I think you will enjoy this dish too!
Watch How to Make It
This Asparagus soup can energize you in the middle of the day after a stressing morning at work or on any cold season day, especially if it’s raining.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Asparagus Soup with Lemon
- Slice the bread in cubes
- Put it in a preheated pan with olive oil, at medium heat
- Cook until they turn golden brown
- Set aside
- Cut the asparagus in little pieces, until you get to the woody bottom part. That would be about 3 quarters of the asparagus. Throw away the hard part.
- Peel the potato and cut it in small cubes, so it will boil faster.
- Chop the onion
- Take the onion and put it in a preheated pot. Let it sweat for 5-7 minutes at low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic, or chop it if you prefer, and let it cook with the onion for 30 seconds
- Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, the vegetable stock and a teaspoon of salt. We let this cook for 20 minutes at medium heat
- Season with the juice of half a lemon and some black pepper.
- Use a hand blender to mix all this until you get a silky smooth texture
- Let this cook for another 2-3 minutes
- For plating, I like to use a nice bowl and add some parsley, croutons and black pepper over the soup. I also have some lemon wedges aside, in case it needs more lemon.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.