Baked cauliflower with chili has a nice crunch to it, when cooked right. This is something you want from a healthy plant based side dish. Thing is, cauliflower by itself doesn’t have a lot of flavor, so it needs some spices. The recipe I’m making today gives this crunchy vegetable a little kick and plenty of savor. I think you’re gonna love it!
Watch How To Make It:
Baked cauliflower with chili pairs well with chicken and any type of barbecue or it is great, by itself, as a healthy snack. You could eat this dish anytime of the year, but I think it’s best in spring for when you want to eat more vegetables.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Baked Cauliflower With Chili
- Sharp knife
- Oven Tray
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber spatula
- Cutting board
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 2 tsp smoked chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon (or 2 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- We start by washing the cauliflower very well.
- Next, remove the leaves and then cut around the stub, and take it out.
- Then cut the florets, one by one. If they are too big, cut them in half along the stub.
- Move the florets to a large bowl, and drizzle about 8 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the dried oregano, the juice of half a lemon, the smoked chili powder, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the crushed garlic. Mix everything very well with your hands, or a spoon, until the cauliflower is well covered with the seasoning.
- On an oven tray with a baking sheet we add the cauliflower. Make sure to leave a bit of space between the pieces, so that they have room to bake and not steam.
- Then we add them to a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) for 30 mins. You can flip them around at 15 min. Take the cauliflower pieces out and put them in a large bowl. Add some lemon or lime wedges aside and sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves. Cilantro goes very well with the smoked chili powder and the lime.