Baked cauliflower with chili has a nice crunch to it, when cooked right. This is something you want from a healthy plant based side dish. Thing is, cauliflower by itself doesn’t have a lot of flavor, so it needs some spices. The recipe I’m making today gives this crunchy vegetable a little kick and plenty of savor. I think you’re gonna love it!
Watch How To Make It:
Baked cauliflower with chili pairs well with chicken and any type of barbecue or it is great, by itself, as a healthy snack. You could eat this dish anytime of the year, but I think it’s best in spring for when you want to eat more vegetables.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Baked Cauliflower With Chili
- We start by washing the cauliflower very well.
- Next, remove the leaves and then cut around the stub, and take it out.
- Then cut the florets, one by one. If they are too big, cut them in half along the stub.
- Move the florets to a large bowl, and drizzle about 8 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the dried oregano, the juice of half a lemon, the smoked chili powder, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the crushed garlic. Mix everything very well with your hands, or a spoon, until the cauliflower is well covered with the seasoning.
- On an oven tray with a baking sheet we add the cauliflower. Make sure to leave a bit of space between the pieces, so that they have room to bake and not steam.
- Then we add them to a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) for 30 mins. You can flip them around at 15 min. Take the cauliflower pieces out and put them in a large bowl. Add some lemon or lime wedges aside and sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves. Cilantro goes very well with the smoked chili powder and the lime.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.