Thinking of IKEA, I remembered I sometimes get the salmon. I’m not a huge salmon fan, but I like to eat it once in a while. The important part is to use the right spices to compliment it. The recipe I’m using today for baked salmon should have enough punch for you.
Watch How to Make it
Together with the IKEA meatballs I made last episode, this baked salmon recipe completes the first thematic week of Not A Chef: Scandinavian week. I hope you will enjoy cooking these recipes as much as I did.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- I’ll start by preheating the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius).
- Cut the lemon in two and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Then add the cinnamon. This spice will help bring all the other flavors together.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Next, add the Dijon mustard, the maple syrup and the olive oil, then mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Put a baking sheet in an oven tray, then lay your salmon fillets into the tray.
- Then pour the sauce over the salmon, using a spoon.
- Last, put the tray into the oven and bake the salmon for 20-25 min.
- Once cooked, put it on a plate and sprinkle some chopped parsley over the salmon. Serve with boiled potatoes, lingonberry jam, or any wild berry jam and some lemon wedges.