Today I’m making Cajun Chicken Pasta. What is “Cajun” you may ask… It refers to a type of cooking done by French colonists who were deported from modern-day Canada, to Louisiana and who incorporated West African, French and Spanish cooking techniques into their original cuisine. That’s a mouthful to say, so you can imagine the great flavors that come together in this type of cooking!
Watch How To Make It:
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is packed with flavor! It’s great for all sorts of occasions: date night, movie night, or weeknight dinner! I like the kick the chicken gets and how smooth the sauce is with the pasta. It’s definitely something to cook for special occasions and as a comfort food! Enjoy!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound skinless and deboned chicken breast (or 500g)
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 cup penne pasta (250g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 oz sun dried tomatoes (60g)
- 2 oz butter (60g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (250ml)
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil
- Start by cutting the chicken breast in medium sized cubes
- Second, add olive oil to a bowl, then the spices and mix everything together with a spoon.
- Then add the chicken breast over the spices and coat it with the mixture.
- Cut the green bell pepper and the red bell pepper into slices
- Next, peel the garlic and chop into small pieces.
- Chop the chives as well, in small pieces.
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil and the butter
- Once the butter has melted, add the chicken and cook for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While that is happening, cook the pasta for 1 minute less than what it says on the box.
- After the chicken is done, add the green and red bell peppers and stir. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and the sun dried tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add the heavy cream and stir for 30 seconds.
- Then add the pasta, the chives and the black pepper. Taste and add another 1/2 teaspoon of salt if needed. Cook everything for another minute.
- Last, grate some parmesan cheese and mix
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
This was a delicious recipe, thank you! I also added extra chili flakes and a little extra parm. Yum!