Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes I wanted to eat the moment I heard its name. It sounds so juicy and cheesy and Italian! I made this at home and it was delicious…. Now, I want to share the recipe with you.
Watch How To Make It:
Chicken parm is a great main dish for a weekend dinner, date night and even Valentines Day! The chicken is crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The cheesy factor is also there, with the melted mozzarella and the parmesan in the crumbs. Having pasta with meat like this was new to me, but it’s a pretty nice combination! Actually, my mouth is watering right now, while I’m showing you this, so I highly recommend you try this at home!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- 1 pound chicken breast (or 700 grams, deboned)
- 7 oz breadcrumbs (or 200 grams)
- 5 oz mozzarella (or 150 grams, whole)
- 1 1/2 oz parmesan (or 40 grams, grated)
- 3 eggs
- 7 oz penne pasta (or 200 grams)
- 20 oz canned pureed tomatoes (or 600 grams)
- 3 cloves garlic
- fresh basil
- oregano (dried)
- chili powder
- olive oil
- vegetable oil
- Chop the garlic and the basil
- In a preheated pan at medium heat, add some olive oil and the garlic. Cook it for 30 seconds.
- Add the canned pureed tomatoes and mix.
- Season with a teaspoon of salt and let this cook for 25-30 minutes, at low heat, until you get a thicker sauce, that’s also sticky.
- Add the chopped basil and a pinch of chili flakes, then let it simmer for 3 minutes. At the end, set aside.
- Place a plastic food wrap over the cutting board and put a chicken breast on top of it. Cut the breast in half horizontally, until it looks like a butterfly. Then cut through the middle to make two equal pieces.
- Cover the chicken breast with the rest of the foil and beat it down with a bottle or a meat tenderizer, but not too hard so the meat doesn’t break down.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and leave it aside.
- Beat the eggs in a deep plate.
- In another flat plate we put the breadcrumbs, half of the parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of dried oregano, all mixed.
- And in a third flat plate, we put some flour.
- Add vegetable oil to a pan until it covers a quarter of it and heat it for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Take the chicken breast and put in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, making sure it’s covered well all over.
- Put it in the pan for 3 minutes on each side, until it’s golden.
- Take it out on a plate covered in paper napkins, to absorb the extra oil.
- Prepare the oven tray with some baking sheet and put the chicken breast in it.
- Sprinkle some parmesan over the chicken, then some fresh basil and a couple of slices of mozzarella on top.
- Now put the tray in a preheated oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit (or 200 degrees celsius), on the top wrak and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, we’ll boil the pasta. Make it al dente, 2 minutes less than what it says on the box.
- Take the chicken out and put it on a plate.
- Add some tomato sauce and some fresh basil.
- Drain the pasta and add in the pan with the tomato sauce
- Cook and mix at high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta on the plate, next to the chicken breast and add some finely chopped basil over it.
Did you make this recipe?
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!