When I think about takeout, most of the time I think of Asian food and one of the most famous dishes is Chicken Teriyaki. If you follow my channel you know that I like to make takeout recipes at home, mostly to learn more about them but also because I can cook them when I travel.
Watch How To Make It:
Chicken Teriyaki is great for lunch, weekday dinner or movie night. If you’re curious about making this dish, try this recipe and let me know what you think!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- First we sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken
- Next we add the chicken thighs, skins down, in a preheated pan at medium heat. Cook them 7-10 minutes or until the skins get golden brown, then flip them and cook them for another 7 – 10 minutes
- While this is happening, in a bowl add the mirin, the sake and the soy sauce and mix everything together.
- In a boiling pot at low heat add 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil and the crushed ginger. Cook for 1 minute then add the crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the sauces into the pot and cook for 7 minutes
- While this is happening, mix 1/2 a cup of cold water with the cornstarch
- Now, add it in the boiling pot and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce gets thick
- Add a couple of tablespoons of sauce over the chicken in the pan and cook at high heat on each side for 1 minute or until the sauce glazes the chicken very well
- In another preheated pan at medium heat add the chopped broccolini and cook them for 4 minutes. Add a bit of salt and black pepper and serve with the chicken teriyaki and some plain rice.
Did you make this recipe?
More Asian Recipes
If you love Asia as much as I do, you want to know as many Asian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Asian Recipes page!