I really enjoy a good curry. Especially on a rainy day, like we’ve been having lately here. Today I’m making a different kind of curry, I’m swapping meat for chickpeas. I like them and they make for a great replacement for meat, because chickpeas have plenty of protein.
Watch How To Make It:
This chickpea curry turned out better than I was expecting! The flavors from the spices and sauces have come together nicely and the chickpeas give you enough of a bite to not miss the meat. I’ll definitely do this again!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- First step – boil the chickpeas for 8 minutes. If you are using canned chickpeas, skip this step.
- Finely chop the spicy pepper and the onion
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add a good amount of olive oil and the onion. Cook for 10 minutes at low heat or until the onion becomes translucent
- Next, add the spicy pepper and cook for another minute.
- After that, add the crushed garlic, grated ginger and the spices. Cook everything for another minute
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 7 – 10 minutes
- Now add the water and the salt. Cook for another 12 minutes
- After that, add the chickpeas and cook for another 2 minutes
- Then, add the coconut milk and mix everything together. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce gets thick.
- Next, squeeze the juice of the lime into the pan and stir a bit.
- Last, chop the cilantro and sprinkle it over the curry before serving.