Here’s one of my wife’s favorite dishes from her childhood: creamy gizzards. The main flavor you get is from the garlic, the cream and the fresh parsley. The gizzards are there more for the crunch.
Watch How To Make It:
This goes very well with polenta! If you have some time, make some, if not, bread is also fine. Creamy gizzards go well for any weekday dinner and are a great comfort food.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- In a preheated pan add olive oil, then add the gizzards and cook at medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Then add a lid over the pan and cook for 10 more minutes
- After that, remove the lid and cook until the water evaporates from the pan
- While this is happening, finely chop the onion.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the onion and cook for 4 minutes
- Next, add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute
- Then, add the water and mix until you get a golden sauce
- After that, add the heavy cream and mix everything together
- Add the flour using a sieve, so you don’t get lumps in the sauce
- Now reduce the heat to low, add the salt and pepper and cook until the sauce gets thicker, say about 2 minutes
- Add fresh chopped parsley and mix for the last time, because your dish is done!