Who doesn’t like creamy pasta? I do! Add some shrimp and some sun dried tomatoes and it’s a great dish to start the Spring season! That is what I am making today and sharing with you. It’s going to be a creamy garlic shrimp pasta inspired by Italian cuisine. I miss Italy…
Watch How to Make it
This is how I like my creamy garlic shrimp pasta with some Italian inspiration. It has so much flavor that, when you make it, it fills up your kitchen with an amazing smell. You can’t wait to eat it… Enjoy!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- First, peel and devein the shrimp.
- Second, chop: the garlic, the sun dried tomatoes and the basil.
- Then, add some olive oil to a pan and heat it up for 1 minute at medium heat
- Next, add the butter and let it melt
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- While the shrimp are cooking, start boiling the water for the pasta.
- After the shrimp are cooked, put them aside, on a plate.
- Then, add the sun dried tomatoes in the pan with the remaining olive oil and butter and fry them for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate for 1-2 minutes
- While this is happening add the pasta into the boiling water and let it cook for 1 minute less than what it says on the box.
- Next, pour the heavy cream in the pan, mix and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Then, add the salt and the paper over the sauce, the parmesan cheese, the shrimp, the Italian herbs and the fresh basil. Mix and cook for another minute. If the sauce is too thick, add some pasta water over it.
- Now the pasta should be ready so add it into the pan with the sauce and mix for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle some more fresh basil over and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!