What’s not to love about eating French fries? But cooking them is a whole other story… Oil splashing all over or the possibility of getting hurt is not something I look forward to. So, if you want crispy French fries, but don’t want to fry them you can cook them in the oven, and get them crispy at the same time!
Watch How To Make It:
Appetizer or snack, these crispy oven potatoes are easy to make and your kitchen won’t be covered in oil. You can add some parmesan over them and some chopped fresh herbs if you want, or have them plain, because they will be delicious.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Crispy Oven Fries
- Start by peeling and washing the potatoes
- Next cut them into large French fries
- In a pot with boiling water add a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of vinegar. This will help the potatoes be tastier and firmer after you boil them.
- Place the potatoes into the boiling water and cook them at medium heat for 8 minutes
- While this is happening preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius)
- After the potatoes have cooked, drain them and add them in an oven tray, sprinkled with olive oil
- Next, add olive oil over the potatoes and mix gently so that the olive oil covers all sides
- Then, arrange the potatoes so they have room between them
- Place the tray into the oven, in the middle rack and cook for 20 minutes
- Then get the tray out and flip the potatoes.
- Put them in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown
- Take them out of the oven and put them in a large bowl covered in paper towels to remove the extra oil
- Sprinkle some salt over them quickly and you are ready to serve