I like hummus because it’s good for all sorts of occasions: a fun dish for parties, a healthy late night snack or great on toast for breakfast.
Watch How to Make it
Enjoy this easy hummus with your family and friends! It’s a good dish to eat anytime of the year, but especially great in the summer with fresh veggies, or in the cold season, with warm pita.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Easy Hand Blender Hummus
- Put the chickpeas in a pot with hot water and let it boil for 15 minutes at medium heat.
- Drain the water and let the chickpeas cool down.
- For a good and smooth hummus you need to take the skins off. I chose to clean just half of the chickpeas because I like my hummus more chunky.
- Peel the garlic and put it in a preheated pan, where we cook it for 3 minutes on each side, at medium heat. We do this to lower the garlick intensity and give it a charred taste. If you want to have more garlic flavour, you can skip this step.
- Roughly chop the garlic.
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze it over the chickpeas
- Add half a teaspoon of cumin, six tablespoons of tahini, the garlic, a teaspoon of salt, 5 tablespoons of really cold water and 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Blend everything together until you get it as smooth as you want. I prefer to use a hand blender because it’s easier to control the consistency of the hummus.
- Put it in a nice bowl and add a good amount of olive oil over it. But this is how I like it, you could add less olive oil.
- Sprinkle the paprika over, or sumac. I didn’t find sumac because stocks are limited during the pandemic.