There’s always a dish we don’t miss to order, when we get Chinese takeout and that’s fried rice. It’s super tasty and it pairs well with any meat or seafood dish. So I decided to make it at home and share it with you.
Watch How To Make It:
I wouldn’t say making fried rice is as easy as making a sandwich, it takes several steps, but I think it’s worth the effort to make it at home sometimes. For example, I don’t like all the Chinese takeout I find when I travel so I’ll cook some at home. I’m happy I can also make fried rice and don’t need to wait to order it from a good restaurant.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Egg Fried Rice
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup basmati rice (200g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 3 oz peas
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- vegetable oil
- If you have pre-cooked rice, skip this step. If not, first rinse the rice so it’s not going to be sticky, then we drain the rice into a large sieve
- Now, in a boiling pot add the rice, a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of salt ,1 and a half cups of hot water and boil everything for 10 mins at low heat with the lid on
- After the rice has boiled spread it in a oven tray and let it cool for 30 min – 1h
- Then, in a preheated pan at high heat add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- While the oil is heating up, beat the eggs very well and then add them into the pan. Mix and separate the eggs into small pieces. Cook this for 1 minute
- Then add the carrots. Cook for another minute
- Next add the chopped spring onion. Cook for about 10 seconds
- Add the cold rice and the peas. Mix and cook for another minute
- Then add the white pepper and mix some more
- Next, make space in the pan for about a third of it and add the soy sauce. Here’s the secret: let the soy sauce boil for 10 seconds then mix it with the rice. Cook for another minute while mixing, then you can serve
- Add more chopped spring onion over for a bit of freshness
More Asian Recipes
If you love Asia as much as I do, you want to know as many Asian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Asian Recipes page!