I have to say that Feta Bouyiourdi is my wife’s favorite meze. From the moment she first tried it, she always ordered it in Greece or any Greek restaurants we find when we travel. It’s not a very complicated dish, but it uses great ingredients which get enhanced when put in the oven.
Watch How To Make It:
This spicy baked feta with tomatoes is something you really have to try! You get so many great flavors from the vegetables and the spices, which are topped by the warm feta cheese. I highly recommend getting real Greek imported feta because it makes a difference for an amazing Feta Bouyiourdi.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- 7 oz feta cheese (200g)
- 2 small tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 green Italian pepper
- dried oregano
- chili flakes
- olive oil
- Then we do the same thing with the green pepper
- Next we cut the onion Julien
- And finely chop the dried chili
- Now, put the tomatoes on the bottom of a small baking dish
- Add the onion over them, some dried oregano and drizzle some olive oil
- Next add the block of feta cheese, sprinkle some dried oregano, olive oil, chili flakes and last add the green peppers around and over the feta
- Add the dish in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) for 15 – 20 minutes or until the feta gets golden brown
Did you make this recipe?
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!