Here’s a fresh shrimp summer salad idea: cucumber, lime and mint. I like eating shrimp, but it gets really hot in the summer so I’d like to avoid using the stove too much. This easy and delicious salad has everything you need: the shrimp flavor, the crunch from the thinly sliced cucumber and kick from the lime and mint. It tastes great!
Watch How To Make It:
This fresh shrimp summer salad is great for a light dinner while you cool off after a long day at work. It doesn’t take too long to make and it fills you up just enough. Enjoy!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Fresh Shrimp Summer Salad
- We cut the cucumber in half horizontally and then remove the seeds. We do not remove the skin, but remember to wash it
- Next, cut the cucumber in really thin slices. If you have a mandolin, use that; it’s quicker
- After that, roughly chop the onion
- In a blender cup we add the mint, the onion and juice of the 2 limes, black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Then we blend everything together. Add one more tablespoon of olive oil while mixing
- Next we peel and devein the shrimp
- Then we add them in a preheated pan at medium heat and cook them for 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a plate to cool for 5-10 minutes
- Then add in the cucumber slices and the sauce and mix well and you are ready to serve.