Spring is here and it’s a great time to barbecue! Today I’m making a side dish to go great with whatever you’ll choose to grill: garlic mushrooms. They have a nice texture and I’ll be using leek instead of onions, to bring out the earthy flavor. It should be a simple and fast dish to make.
Watch How To Make It:
With or without the barbecue, these Garlic mushrooms are a great side dish! The garlic and the parsley compliment the earthy flavor from the mushrooms and you also get a nice texture to bite into.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- Start by cutting the stem of the mushrooms. This way they will cook evenly on both sides.
- Next we finely chop the leek and the parsley
- In a preheated pan at medium heat we add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- After the butter has melted, add the leek and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Next add the crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add the white wine. Cook until the wine reduces to a thick sauce
- After that add salt, pepper and the chopped parsley. Mix everything and you’re ready to serve