I liked Greece very much especially for the views, but also for the food. That’s why I’m cooking more Greek dishes at home. Today I’m making Greek Chickpea Stew, which I think is one of the most refreshing stews you can eat in spring or summer!
Watch How To Make It:
This Greek Chickpea Stew has everything you need to keep you happy: it fills you up, you have the crunch from the chickpeas, loads of protein and vitamins and a great deal of flavour. The lemon and the olive oil top it off very well and if you want, you can even toast some bread to go along with this dish.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Greek Chickpea Stew
- Start by finely chopping the onion and the dill
- Next, we cut the celery and carrots into small cubes
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil and then the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 8 minutes
- Make a little room in the pan and add the chopped garlic. Cook it for 30 seconds then mix everything together
- Then add the stock and the chickpeas. Cook for 20 minutes
- After that, take 4 ladles of the composition and put them in a blender cup. Add in there also the juice of the lemon, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper and the herbs. Blend everything together into a smooth paste, which gets poured back into the pan. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped dill and serve. You can add more lemon juice if you want and even serve with 2 lemon wedges, if people want even more lemon.
Did you make this recipe?
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!