How about some Greek Crispy Eggplant? It’s so crunchy on the outside that you can hear yourself when you bite into it. All that and… the batter is made with beer! Add some oregano to the mix and this Greek appetizer, or side dish will wow your friends and family!
Watch How To Make It:
This is no diet recipe but it’s a delicious Greek appetizer and it’s fun to eat. You could combine it with some Feta or a Greek salad.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Greek Crispy Eggplant
- We start by washing and cutting the end of the eggplants
- Next we cut them into thin slices
- We add the eggplant slices over an oven tray wrack and sprinkle them with salt. We leave them like this for 30 minutes to get the water out so that they don’t become bitter and they are easier to fry
- In a big bowl we add the beer, 1 teaspoon of salt, the black pepper and the oregano
- Now we whisk in the flour. Do this in several steps and make use of the colander, also.
- Add this mixture in the fridge for 15 – 30 minutes
- Then dry the eggplant slices with a paper towel and add them on a plate
- In a preheated pan at high heat we add the vegetable oil enough to cover the eggplant slices
- After the oil has reached the frying temperature we take an eggplant slice and put it in the beer mixture and then in the frying pan. Fry 3 slices at a time so they don’t stick together, and they don’t decrease the oil’s temperature. Cook them for 2 mins on each side or until golden brown
- Let them rest on a plate covered with some paper towel to remove the excess oil
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!