Since it’s the season, I’m making Greek Green Bean Stew. It’s light but also packed with flavour from all the other vegetables I’ll be using. Make sure to get quality ingredients because it’s very important.
Watch How To Make It:
This is a great side dish, if you want to pair it with some meat, but it can be a main dish, especially in the summer, when it’s hot outside. I think cooking a Greek Green Bean Stew is a great way to celebrate these vegetables when they are fresh!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Greek Green Beans Stew
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Rubber spatula
- 14 oz green beans (400g)
- 7 small tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- olive oil
- We start by washing the green beans and then trimming the edges
- Next, chop the tomatoes into small pieces
- Also, finely chop the onion
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil and then the onion. Cook for 7 minutes at low heat
- Next, add the crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes, mix and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes. If the sauce is too dry add 3 tablespoons of water
- Now add the green beans. Mix everything very well until the sauce coats the green beans. Turn the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes with a lid on.
- After that add some black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Chop the parsley and sprinkle it over. Cook for 1 minute
- Serve with some feta cheese on top and Kalamata olives aside
Did you make this recipe?
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!