Today I’m making Greek Meatballs and Lemon Soup. Lemon is used a lot as a condiment in Greece and my wife loves it, so that’s a good enough reason to make this dish. Of course, I like meatballs and this is an interesting way of eating them.
Watch How To Make It:
I think this Greek Meatballs and Lemon Soup is very good during the summer because it’s so fresh, but it can also be a good comfort food for colder seasons.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Greek Meatballs and Lemon Soup
- We start by finely chopping the onion
- Then we chop the parsley
- In a large bowl, we add the meat, the parsley, the onion, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, black pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 egg, the coriander and the rice. Use your hands to mix everything together until you get a smooth paste
- After that we put the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Once this time has passed, get the meat out and start making medium sized meatballs. Covering your hands with some water will prevent the meat to stick to your hands
- In a boiling pot add 3 cups of water and after it starts boiling add the meatballs one by one. Boil them for 25 minutes at low heat with the lid on.
- Take a small bowl and add the remaining eggs then beat them well
- Next, add the juice of the lemons over the egg and mix
- Now take a ladle of the water in which you boiled the meatballs and add it over the egg and lemon mix. Stir to incorporate it. Do this 4 times and then you’ll have an evenly combined sauce
- Next add this over the meatballs. Cook for 2 minutes then mix everything together and remove from the stove
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!