Spring is here, Easter is approaching and what I like to do at this time of the year is eat a nice salad. Don’t get me wrong, I like meat and a good comfort meal, but I enjoy a nice salad sometimes. One of the most famous salads is Greek salad, which I’ve had in many places, including in Greece. The secret to a good Greek salad is having good ingredients like feta and Kalamata olives. Try to find the original feta, imported from Greece because it makes all the difference, believe me!
Watch How To Make It:
The Greek salad is not complicated to make but it’s very tasty. I’ve found that this is the secret of most dishes in the Mediterranean area: simple recipes with very tasty ingredients. So that means, if you want good Greek salad, go and find the tastiest vegetables and then feta imported from Greece.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Rubber spatula
- feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- green bell pepper
- red onion
- olive oil
- Chop the cucumber in any shape you like and add it to a salad bowl
- Then cut the green bell pepper and add it to the same bowl
- Next, cut the tomatoes in small pieces and add them in
- After that, cut the onion Julien in thin slices and add to a different bowl which has water and salt. I’m doing this to make the onions milder. You can also use vinegar instead of salt. Leave the onion like this for 5 minutes then take it out and drain it of water. Last, add it to the salad bowl.
- Pour over the salad a good amount of olive oil, the oregano and mix them in. Add some salt and mix some more.
- Next, add the feta cheese. You can cut it in cubes or just crumble it with your hands.
- Then add the Kalamata olives and mix again everything together so the flavors combine. Mixing several times and in multiple steps makes the salad better.
Did you make this recipe?
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!