How about some nice and healthy soup, now that winter is close to be done and we need vitamins so much? Lentil soup is a nice and comforting soup. The version I’m making today, is going to have loads of flavor! There’s going to be fresh vegetables and Indian inspired spices and you’re going to love eating this from your favorite bowl, with some toasted bread!
Watch How to Make it
I’ll tell you this: it smells amazing in here! This lentil soup is more than your old boring healthy soup: it has a kick to it! You enjoy the crunchy carrots and kale, while having the creaminess from the lentils. Add toasted bread to this and a splash of lemon, this is one great soup to get you out of hibernation. Enjoy!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Best Lentil Soup Recipe
- We’ll start by prepping the veggies.
- First, cut the carrots into small cubes.
- Then, chop the onion
- Next, cut the stem from the kale and roughly chop the leaves.
- Peel the garlic and cut it in small pieces.
- Over medium heat, use a large boiling pot and add the olive oil, then the onions and the carrots. Let them sweat for 7 minutes at low heat.
- Add the garlic and the spices – except the chili, then stir for 30 seconds – so that the garlic and the spices release their flavors.
- Increase to medium heat and add the tomatoes, then mix. Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pre-rinsed lentils, the stock, the water and the salt. Cook everything for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Take 3 ladles of soup and add them to a blender cup. Blend until it’s creamy, then add this back to the soup and mix.
- Add the chili, the juice of a lemon and the kale. Stir so everything is evenly combined.
- Then add the pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread and lemon wedges.