Spaghetti Carbonara is probably the most famous pasta dish there is. With good reason, because it’s very delicious. I’ve had this dish in a lot of restaurants and each place had their own way of making it. The one I’m choosing to share with you today is for a Modern Spaghetti Carbonara, which uses egg yolks and not whole eggs.
Watch How To Make It:
The Modern Spaghetti Carbonara doesn’t have a long list of ingredients, but if they are good and you prepare them well, you’ll have an amazing meal to share with friends and family! It can be great for dinner or for a romantic meal. Enjoy!
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Modern Spaghetti Carbonara
- First, cut the pancetta into small cubes
- Then, beat the egg yolks
- Add black pepper over the eggs, then the grated pecorino cheese and mix everything together until you get a thick paste
- Next, add the spaghetti in a boiling pot with a teaspoon of salt and cook for 2 minutes less than what it says on the pasta box
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add the pancetta and cook it until golden brown
- After that add the crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Then add a ladle of pasta water over the pancetta and mix
- Once the spaghetti is ready add it over the pancetta, put the heat on low and mix for 30 seconds
- Now pour the pecorino and egg paste and mix everything very well. If the sauce is too thick add another 2 tablespoons of pasta water.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!
Recipes look great. I do not eat any meat, so I would look at others without recipes with other things. Thanks!