On one of our trips in the North of Spain we ate oven rice with Lobster and it was amazing! The rice was creamy and the local lobster was very flavorful. Of course I had to make this at home and enjoy it more and now I’m going to share this amazing recipe with you!
Watch How To Make It:
With a little patience you can enjoy oven rice with Lobster at home. It’s great for date night and it will impress your loved one. You can pair it with a nice wine and relax with a nice conversation. Sometimes it’s nice to have dates in private and this dish makes the moment even more special.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Oven Rice With Lobster
- Start by peeling just 2 cloves of garlic
- Then chop the onion
- And chop the tomatoes into cubes
- After that, we need to prepare the lobster. Start with by removing the claws, then cut it down in two vertically
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and then fry the lobster on both sides for 1 minute
- Set the lobster aside on a tray
- Now add the chopped onion in the pan and cook for 5 minutes at low heat
- After that add the 2 crushed cloves of garlic over the onion and cook for 30 seconds
- Then add the tomatoes, mix and let them cook for 3 minutes
- Add the wine and the pepper paste and cook at low heat for 7 minutes
- After that add the paprika, the cayenne pepper and the stock. Mix everything together and cook for 5 more minutes
- Now, place the rice into a medium sized deep oven tray and pour the sauce from the pan over it
- Then cook the prawns at medium heat for 2 minutes on each side
- While this is happening, preheat the oven and add the rest of the garlic over the rice
- Add the prawns after they are cooked
- Place the rice into the oven and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius) for 35 minutes
- After that time, take the rice out and mix it. If it’s too dry, add more water
- Cook for 10 more minutes, then take it out and add the lobsters over, sprinkle with olive oil and cook for the last 5 minutes
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
More Spanish Recipes
If you love Spain as much as I do, you want to know as many Spanish recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Spanish Recipes page!