One of the great breakfast and brunch dishes is Quiche Lorraine. Most of the time I’ve had it at restaurants while travelling, but I also like to make it at home. Just open up the fridge, cut a slice and there you have it, your breakfast: eggs, cream, bacon, cheese and leek! So when I make it at home, we have breakfast already made for a couple of days!
Watch How To Make It:
We usually eat this the next day for breakfast and it’s great! It’s filling but also packed with flavor. The nutmeg and the thyme are such a great combination which gives the quiche a special taste! And who can resist bacon and cheese?
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- Start by cutting the pancetta into smaller pieces
- Then finely chop the leek
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius)
- In a preheated pan add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes at medium heat
- Then add the pancetta and cook for another 3 minutes
- Next add the leek and cook until it becomes soft. After that, set the pan aside
- In an oven proof pan add the pie dough and tap it gently until you have no air bubbles
- We need to do something called a blind bake for the dough so basically we “pre bake” it a little bit before we add the filling. Put aluminum foil over it and fill it with something heavy, like beans or rice. Put this in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While this is happening, add the milk and the cream into a large bowl, then the spices and mix everything together.
- Next, add 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix until evenly combined.
- Get the pan out of the oven and remove the rice. Place again inside the oven like this and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After that, use a fork to make tiny holes in the dough so it will cook through.
- Now add a layer of the bacon mix, then half of the grated gruyere cheese, then the egg and milk mixture, then the rest of the bacon mix and last, the rest of the grated cheese.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 175 degrees Celsius) for 40-45 minutes. After that leave it cool for about 4h.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.