I bought some tasty tomatoes so I’m going to use them for a quick and simple tomato pasta dish. I’m going to gently cook the tomatoes in garlic flavored good quality olive oil to get the juices out. Once it’s a sauce, I’ll drop some fresh basil to give it a nice aromatic finish. Take all this and use it to nicely cover some warm al dente spaghetti. I’m telling you, it’s an amazing Mediterranean meal!
Watch How To Make It:
One great thing about this quick and simple tomato pasta, besides the delicious taste, is the smell while you cook it. It makes you hungry! Also, the kitchen smells like a Mediterranean garden. It’s really nice to enjoy this dish for a quick but relaxed lunch at home.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Quick and Simple Tomato Pasta
- Start by removing the cores of the tomatoes
- Then chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add them to a large bowl
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the crushed garlic. Cook it for 30 seconds
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and the juices they left in the bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook at medium heat for 7 minutes
- Next we add the spaghetti in a boiling pot with a teaspoon of salt and cook for 2 minutes less than what it says on the pasta box
- Once the pasta has cooked, add 1/2 ladle of pasta water into the sauce, the black pepper, the chopped basil and then the pasta. Cook for 2 minutes while mixing the pasta with the sauce
- Add more fresh basil at the end and serve. Optionally you can sprinkle over some parmesan cheese
Did you make this recipe?
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!