Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a pasta dish with very few ingredients. That’s why the quality of the ingredients matters a lot! The name means garlic and oil – olive oil that is. You can also add parsley and chili flakes and maybe anchovies, but not other items. That is, if you want to stick to the classic recipe!
Watch How To Make It:
Just like Cacio e Pepe, the Spaghetti Aglio e Olio are simple in the sense that they have few ingredients. You would always have olive oil and garlic in the pantry, right? I suggest you find some really good olive oil for this dish, to give it the best flavor.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- We start by finely chopping the parsley
- Next we add the spaghetti in a boiling pot with a teaspoon of salt and cook for 2 minutes less than what it says on the pasta box
- Then we add the olive oil in a preheated pan at low heat
- Add the crushed garlic over the oil and cook for 30 seconds
- After that we add a bit of parsley and cook for another minute
- And then we pour a ladle of pasta water so that the garlic doesn’t burn
- Once the pasta is cooked we add it to the pan and mix everything together for about 1 minute
- Finally we add the rest of the chopped parsley and the chili flakes and you’re ready to serve
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!