Puff pastry is always great for comfort food recipes and combined with creamy feta with spinach, it’s amazing! This appetizer goes great with red wine and good conversation.
Spinach and feta triangles
- Baking Sheet
- Oven Tray
- Pastry brush
- 2 pounds spinach (1 kg, fresh)
- 1/2 pound feta cheese (200 grams)
- 1 onion (1 big or 2 small ones)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful dill (fresh)
- 1 cube butter (8 grams)
- puff pastry
- Chop the onion
- In a preheated pan, put some olive oil, then the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the onion and sear it for 4 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped garlic over the onion and stir for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the spinach into the pan. Leave it to settle for 1-2 min, then stir all the ingredients in the pan. Cook for 5-6 mins, after which you need to let it cool down.
- Beat an egg into a bowl
- Crush the feta cheese with your fingers into a different, larger bowl and add the egg over it
- Chop the dill finely and add it to the feta bowl
- Once the spinach mix has cooled down, add it also to the big bowl with the feta and mix everything with a spoon for 2-3 mins until everything comes together, like a paste.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 squares. Take some of the spinach and feta mix and add it in the center of a square. Then close it, in the shape of a triangle. Take a fork and press on the sides of the triangle, to seal it up well, then cut the excess off with a knife.
- Put the triangles into an oven tray covered in baking sheet and cover with egg wash.
- Have your oven preheated, then put in the tray at 347 degrees fahrenheit (or 175 degrees celsius) for 20 mins, or until golden.