Sriracha Chicken is an Asian dish that uses the spicy sauce called Sriracha. You get that good fried chicken flavor and the heat from the Sriracha. It’s sticky, covered in sesame seeds and goes very well with plain rice and some asparagus.
Watch How To Make It:
If you haven’t tried Sriracha Chicken, try this recipe and cook it at home. It’s great for movie nights or weekend dinners. And if you like the flavor, see my other Sriracha Shrimp recipe.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- We add the chicken into a medium bowl
- Then squeeze the juice of 1 lime over it
- Next add 1 tablespoon of Sriracha, salt, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sake and the crushed garlic. Mix everything together and marinate for 30 minutes
- While that is happening, cut the woody bottom part of the asparagus
- And prepare the sauce: in a cup we add the juice of the second lime, 2 tablespoons of sake, 2 tablespoons of mirin, 3 tablespoons of sriracha, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey. We mix everything until evenly combined
- In a preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil and the chicken thighs, skins down. Cook like this for 6-7 minutes, then turn them around and cook for 5 more minutes.
- After that, turn the chicken thighs skins down again. This will help keep the skins crunchy
- Then pour the sauce and cook at high heat for 2 minutes
- When the sauce gets thick, use a spoon to pour it over the chicken a couple of times, then you are done. Set aside on a plate and sprinkle sesame seeds and green onion.
- Then, in another preheated pan at high heat add olive oil, the asparagus, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring from time to time
Did you make this recipe?
More Asian Recipes
If you love Asia as much as I do, you want to know as many Asian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Asian Recipes page!