When Zucchini are in season, I like to prepare stuffed zucchini with some ground beef and nice vegetables. There are different ways of making this meal in the Mediterranean area and I’m combining some of them now to share with you my favorite Stuffed Zucchini dish.
Watch How To Make It:
These stuffed zucchini are a great treat in the summer, when you can get the best vegetables. It’s not something you eat everyday so it could be a recipe to remember when friends and family come over and you want to make something special.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- We start by finely chopping the onion and the green pepper
- Next we finely dice the red chili
- We trim the edges of the zucchini and cut it in half horizontally. Make small incisions with the knife around the seeds, so it’s easier to take the seeds out with a spoon. Now you are left with a zucchini boat
- In a preheated pan at low heat we add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the chopped onion. Cook for 7 minutes
- Next we add the ground beef and mix it well with the onion. Cook for 7 minutes or until it gets browned
- Then add the green pepper and cook for 2 minutes
- Set this mix aside and make room for the chili pepper and the crushed garlic. Cook those like this for 30 seconds then mix everything together
- Add the dried spices, the tomato puree, 1 teaspoon of salt and 100ml of water. Cook all of this at low heat for 12-15 minutes
- Next place the zucchini boats in an oven tray covered with a baking sheet. I recommend you cover the exterior of the zucchinis with a bit of olive oil so it will roast easier
- Then fill the boats with the beef mixture
- Sprinkle over some chopped cilantro and cover with some cheese. I used mozzarella cheese
- Next we place the tray in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius) and cook the zucchinis for 30 minutes
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.