Here’s an amazing dish: Tuscan Chicken. Pan fried chicken breast with some flour to make it more crispy and keep all the juices inside, covered in a rich creamy sauce. Almost hidden in the sauce you also find pieces of red bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Take a mouthful with all of these and you’ll be doing a happy dance!
Watch How To Make It:
Perfect for a romantic dinner, the Tuscan chicken can’t disappoint! You can pair it with a nice red wine and let your senses enjoy it. Or you can make this dish for more people and invite family and friends, impress them a little over Sunday brunch.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- In a big bowl we add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix everything together until evenly combined
- Then we put the chicken into the bowl and mix until the sauce covers it very well. Set aside and let it marinate for 30 minutes
- While this is happening, cut the bell pepper into slices and then cut those in half
- Next peel the garlic
- Into a deep plate add the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix them well
- Last, chop the sun dried tomatoes
- Now, in another preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil.
- Take the chicken breasts and cover them with the flour mix before adding to the pan
- Cook them for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes. For bigger pieces, go for 4 minutes
- Then turn them again and cook for one more minute. After that set aside on a plate
- Now, in the same pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the bell pepper. Cook for 1 minute
- Then add the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 1 more minute
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and mix
- Make some room in the pan and add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste. Cook it for 30 seconds like this
- Then add the crushed garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Mix everything together, then pour the white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook like this for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chicken stock and cook for 7 minutes
- After that, add the spinach and cook for 1 minute or until it reduces in size
- Next add the cream. Mix and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add the parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, a pinch of black pepper and mix
- Add the chicken and the juices left on the plate. Cook for 1 minute covering the chicken with the sauce using a spoon
- Now chop the parsley and add it over the chicken and you’re ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!