Here’s an amazing dish: Tuscan Chicken. Pan fried chicken breast with some flour to make it more crispy and keep all the juices inside, covered in a rich creamy sauce. Almost hidden in the sauce you also find pieces of red bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Take a mouthful with all of these and you’ll be doing a happy dance!
Watch How To Make It:
Perfect for a romantic dinner, the Tuscan chicken can’t disappoint! You can pair it with a nice red wine and let your senses enjoy it. Or you can make this dish for more people and invite family and friends, impress them a little over Sunday brunch.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Rubber spatula
- 1 pound chicken breast (500g)
- 2 oz sun dried tomatoes (60g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 glass white wine
- 3.5 oz parmesan (100g)
- 1 cup double cream
- ½ cup flour
- olive oil
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- In a big bowl we add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix everything together until evenly combined
- Then we put the chicken into the bowl and mix until the sauce covers it very well. Set aside and let it marinate for 30 minutes
- While this is happening, cut the bell pepper into slices and then cut those in half
- Next peel the garlic
- Into a deep plate add the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix them well
- Last, chop the sun dried tomatoes
- Now, in another preheated pan at medium heat add olive oil.
- Take the chicken breasts and cover them with the flour mix before adding to the pan
- Cook them for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes. For bigger pieces, go for 4 minutes
- Then turn them again and cook for one more minute. After that set aside on a plate
- Now, in the same pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the bell pepper. Cook for 1 minute
- Then add the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 1 more minute
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and mix
- Make some room in the pan and add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste. Cook it for 30 seconds like this
- Then add the crushed garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Mix everything together, then pour the white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook like this for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chicken stock and cook for 7 minutes
- After that, add the spinach and cook for 1 minute or until it reduces in size
- Next add the cream. Mix and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add the parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, a pinch of black pepper and mix
- Add the chicken and the juices left on the plate. Cook for 1 minute covering the chicken with the sauce using a spoon
- Now chop the parsley and add it over the chicken and you’re ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
More Italian Recipes
If you love Italy as much as I do, you want to know as many Italian recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Italian Recipes page!