This one you most likely have heard of: Tzatziki is a very popular dish, which you can eat with basically anything. When I don’t go out and make it at home, I like to dip French fries in it or spread it over chicken wings or beef steak. In Greece, my local friends ordered Tzatziki with everything!
Watch How To Make It:
I’ve tried Tzatziki in several restaurants, in Greece and in other countries; I even tried buying it from the supermarket. I can tell you that in my opinion, yogurt is very important. If you don’t use real Greek yogurt and if it’s not full fat, you won’t get the most out of it.
Here is the written recipe, with the ingredients and step by step instructions:
- Start by peeling the cucumber and cutting off the edges
- Next cut it in half, horizontally, and take the seeds out using a teaspoon
- Then chop the cucumber into small cubes
- Now peel the garlic clove
- Add the yogurt to a bowl, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over and 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Add the cucumber, the crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt, then mix everything together. Taste and if needed, add a little bit more vinegar
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @notacheftv on Instagram and hashtag it #notacheftv.
More Greek Recipes
If you love Greece as much as I do, you want to know as many Greek recipes as possible. Click to see all of mine in the Greek Recipes page!